Set up jigs for different truss configurations including common, hip end, valley sets, scissors, and end trusses. Apply connector plates and stamp them with a press.
- Willingness to work the hours required to complete the production schedule.
- Maintain awareness of proper truss plate placement.
- Ability to understand information on truss drawings.
- Maintain flexibility to adjust to schedule changes.
- Maintain truss machinery in good operating condition.
- Recognize and eliminate weak lumber (knots, wane, etc.).
- Maintain awareness of truss plant inventory; notify Truss Plant Foreman of any ordering needs.
- Whatever it takes to get the job done. “It’s not my job!” is not in my vocabulary.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting up to 50# several times a day.
- Ability to run suspending nail guns repetitively
- Ability to operate a forklift truck.
- May have to get off and on the truss table several times a day.
Must be quality oriented, productive, dependable and responsible; good communication skills a must. Must be a certified forklift truck driver.
May be asked to come in early and work late as shipping and receiving schedule demands.
This position reports directly to the Truss Plant Foreman; must work closely with the Truss Plant Manager.
To Apply For This Position:
Send resume to:
Human Resources Department
Attn: Doug Brunton
FBi Buildings, Inc.
3823 W. 1800 S.
Remington, IN 47977
Or email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions will be kept confidential.